The Power of Simple
Simpler is better. Simpler is more powerful.
Think about it.
- A movie with limited dialogue can capture your attention (ex: A Quiet Place).
- The Mona Lisa impresses more than a mural.
- A little black dress makes you stand out in a room.
People are constantly bombarded with words and images. We think we need to hurl more words and images in order to win their attention.
- More content on your website or brochure doesn’t make your organization’s value proposition clearer.
- More navigation choices don’t make your website easier to navigate.
- More steps to complete a form or transaction reduces the number of people likely to do so.
Want to improve your marketing?
- Find things to reduce or eliminate.
- Minimize sentences and text.
- Simplify processes.
Simple is clear. Simple is inviting.
- The world’s largest shoe brand uses three words: Just Do It.
- The most popular website features a blank search bar: Google.
- The best-selling device has three buttons: iPhone.
More doesn’t make you look smarter. More makes you look complicated.
Keep it simple.