Your Organization Needs an Enemy
Strong brands are against something.
- Walmart is against high prices.
- Whole Foods is against processed foods.
- Tesla is against fossil fuels.
Even non-profit organizations need an enemy.
- IJM is against human trafficking.
- Charity Water is against sickness/malnutrition.
- Salvation Army is against homelessness.
If you want your organization to be known FOR something, you can make it clear by being AGAINST something. Your organization’s enemy is not a person. It’s a condition, behavior, or practice that people want to see reduced or eliminated.
- Don’t just be against poverty. Be against payday loans.
- Don’t just be against a lack of well-trained pastors. Be against the prosperity gospel.
- Don’t just be against lack of access to medical care. Be against spina bifida.
Strong brands plant a flag. Draw a line of demarcation and invite people to stand with you.
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay up to date with the latest from Roundtree.
By subscribing, you're opting in to receive emails from us. And we're promising not to spam you.