Your Organization Needs an Enemy
Strong brands are against something.
- Walmart is against high prices.
- Whole Foods is against processed foods.
- Tesla is against fossil fuels.
Even non-profit organizations need an enemy.
- IJM is against human trafficking.
- Charity Water is against sickness/malnutrition.
- Salvation Army is against homelessness.
If you want your organization to be known FOR something, you can make it clear by being AGAINST something. Your organization’s enemy is not a person. It’s a condition, behavior, or practice that people want to see reduced or eliminated.
- Don’t just be against poverty. Be against payday loans.
- Don’t just be against a lack of well-trained pastors. Be against the prosperity gospel.
- Don’t just be against lack of access to medical care. Be against spina bifida.
Strong brands plant a flag. Draw a line of demarcation and invite people to stand with you.